ALL INDIAN ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
AIEEE stands for All India Engineering Entrance Examination. AIEEE is a national level competitive exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). This entrance exam is conducted for the students seeking admission into under-graduate engineering and architecture courses. The candidates are admitted to the National Institute of Technology (NIT) and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). Candidates are given rank on All India basis & state basis. The examination is conducted in two mode: Offline and Online. The AIEEE test is usually held in the last week of April. The examination was replaced by JEE Mains in April 2013 as per the HRD Ministry Regulations.
Eligibility:• Candidate must have passed 10+2 Grade or an equivalent exam from a recognized board in India.
• General category candidates should have 50% aggregate marks.
• SC/ST/OBC/PH category candidates should have 40% aggregate marks.
• Those appearing for the qualifying examination in the same year may also appear in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE).
• The upper age limit to be eligible for the exam is 25 years. However, there is relaxation of 5 years for SC/ ST/ PH candidates.
• A student can attempt the entrance examination consecutively for a maximum of three years.
Papers to be covered:
This examination is divided into 2 papers:
PAPER-1 Marking Scheme:
SECTIONS QUESTION MARKS DURATION Physics 75 225 3 Hours Chemistry 75 225 Mathematics 75 225
PAPER-2 Marking Scheme:
SECTIONS QUESTION MARKS DURATION Mathematics 75 225 3 Hours Aptitude Test 50 150 Drawing Test Questions to test drawing aptitude 75
• Each section comprises of multiple choice objective-type questions each of which has four choices.
• Out of the four choices for a given question, only one choice is correct.
• Each correct will be awarded 3 marks
• Paper 1 has a negative-marking scheme wherein a wrong answer is negatively marked with one fourth of the maximum marks allotted to the question.
For Examination Centre opted in India:
Paper(s) Appearing Pen and Paper Based Examination Computer Based Examination (General/OBC) (SC/ ST/ PWD/) (General/ OBC) (SC/ ST/ PWD/) JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) or JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B. Arch./ B. Planning) only 1000 (Boys)500 (Girls) 500 (Boys)500 (Girls) 600 (Boys)300 (Girls) 300 (Boys)300 (Girls) Both JEE (Main) Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning) 1800 (Boys) 900 (Girls) 900 (Boys)900 (Girls) 1400(Boy)700 (Girls) 700 (Boys)700 (Girls)