CLAT Entrance exam
CLAT Entrance exam (Common Law Entrance Test)
Law is a system of rules, conduct or procedure which is necessary for establishing and maintaining a disciplined society. It is established by custom, agreement, or authority and is enforced through a set of institutions.
The three main branches of government that act as the central institutions for integrating and creating laws are-
a) Impartial Judiciary
b) Democratic Legislature
c) Accountable Executive
Law is one of the most talked about careers in the World today. Law graduates now-a-days have a range of career options, from the traditional litigation to provide legal assistance to large corporate houses, which is one of the most lucrative career paths today. The most important entrance for various law schools is COMMON LAW ADMISSION TEST (CLAT).
The following 17 National Law Universities are members of CLAT1. 1National Law School of India University, (NLSIU)- Bangalore
2. National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, (NALSAR)- Hyderabad
3. The National Law Institute University, (NLIU)- Bhopal
4. The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, (WBNUJS)- Kolkata
5. National Law University, (NLUJ)- Jodhpur
6. Hidayatullah National Law University, (HNLU)- Raipur
7. Gujarat National Law University, (GNLU)- Gandhinagar
8. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, (RMLNLU)- Lucknow
9. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, (RGNUL)- Punjab
10. Chanakya National Law University, (CNLU)- Patna
11. The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, (NUALS)- Kochi
12. National Law University Odisha, (NLUO)- Cuttack
13. National University of Study and Research in Law, (NUSRL)- Ranchi
14. National Law University and Judicial Academy, (NLUJAA)- Assam
15. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, (DSNLU)- Visakhapatnam
16. Tamil Nadu National Law School, (TNNLS)- Tiruchirappalli
17. Maharashtra National Law University, (MNLU)- Mumbai
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIAFor U G Programme
1. Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with the minimum of
(a) Forty-five percent(45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC Categories
(b) Forty percent(40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST Category
2. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2016 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
3. No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT
For P G Programme
1. LL.B. or equivalent degree examination with a minimum of 55% marks in case of Unreserved/OBC/(Specially abled persons) categories and 50% marks in case of SC/ST category
2. Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April are also eligible for appearing in CLAT examination. However they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination in the respective National Law Universities at the time of admission failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
3. No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT.
Programes Offered by the 17 NLUsAll 17 National Law Universities offer the following programmes to the CLAT examination qualified candidates. Admission to the LLM programme is only for those who have completed their LLB degree.
• B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
• B.Sc. LL.B. (Hons.)
• B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
• B.S.W. LL.B. (Hons.)
• B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.)
GENERAL /OBC/ Specially abled persons(SAP) Rs. 4000 SC/ST Rs. 3500
CLAT Entrance Exam Syllabus for Under-Graduates:English Including Comprehension
The English section will test the candidates' proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be assessed on their understanding of the passage given, its central theme and meanings of the words used therein, etc. The grammar section will focus on correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in the given sentences with appropriate words, etc.
This section will test candidate's knowledge on elementary mathematics
This section will test candidate's interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions asked may comprise of legal propositions/ principles and a set of facts to which the said proposition/ principle has to be applied to arrive at a most reasonable conclusion.
The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate's ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include a wide variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
General Knowledge and Currents Affairs As far as general knowledge is concerned, the candidates will be assessed on their general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test candidate's knowledge on current affairs.
ACLAT Entrance Exam Syllabus for Post-Graduates:Law of Contract
Law of Torts
Pattern for CLAT exam
Total Marks 200 Number of multiple-choice questions of one mark each 200 Duration of examination Two Hours Subject areas with Weightage: English including Comprehension 40 Marks General Knowledge and Current Affairs 50 Marks Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability) 20 Marks Legal Aptitude 50 Marks Logical Reasoning 40 Marks
COURSE DURATION• If opting for weekdays it's a 3 months course
• If opting for weekends it's a 4 months course
We at NAM INSTITUTE offer the most promising and challenging course for CLAT preparation which ensure 'sure success' through CLAT. It has proved to be the best deal for not only those who have succeeded earlier but also continues to create more success stories and set trends for others to follow. We have the best pool of faculties of highly qualified and experienced professionals who are committed to their work of preparing best and complete study module to crack CLAT examination.
Tutorial Fees: 13,000-15,000