Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Those candidates who are willing to take admission in M.Tech/MS in IISc / IITs / NITs and other Universities will take the examinations for GATE and according to their scores in the same they will be allotted with the universities. Based on the score of GATE exams a candidate can apply for PSUs which offers lucrative jobs.
• Bachelors degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture program or in the final year of the same
• Master degree holders in science/mathematics/statistics/computer applications or equivalent program or are in the final year of the same.
GATE papers and codes:
PAPERS CODES Aerospace Engineering AE Petroleum Engineering PE Agricultural Engineering AG Physics PH Architecture & Planning AR Production & Industrial Engineering PI Biotechnology BT Textile Engineering & Fibre Science TF Civil Engineering CE Engineering Mathematics XE-A Chemical Engineering CH Fluid Mechanics XE-B Computer Sc. & Information Technology CS Materials Science XE-C Chemistry CY Solid Mechanics XE-D Electronics & Communication Engineering EC Thermodynamics XE-E Electrical Engineering EE Polymer Sc. & Engineering XE-F Ecology & Evolution EY Food Technology XE-G Geology and Geophysics GG Chemistry XL-H Instrumentation Engineering IN Biochemistry XL-I Mathematics MA Botany XL-J Mechanical Engineering ME Microbiology XL – K Mining Engineering Zoology XL – L Metallurgical Engineering MT
Syllabus:GATE examination will consist of two parts although there will only be a single exam:
• General Paper (Mathematics, English, reasoning, General intelligence)
• Technical paper
• Paper will have a total no. of 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks
• There will be two types of questions: MCQ based and Numerical answer questions
• For 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-marks multiple-choice questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
NAM INSTITUTE provides you the coaching according to the below mentioned module:
Duration: 3 Months
Classes: 5 days in a week (Monday to Friday)
Class duration: 3 hrs/day
For working professionals
Duration: 4 months
Classes: 2 days in a week 9Saturday-Sunday)
Class duration: 5 hrs/day
Tutorial Fees: 30,000-35,000