Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission
Himachal Provincial Civil Services (PCS) Exam conducted by Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission consist of three successive stages- Prelims, Main and Viva-Voce.
Himachal PCS Prelims Exam consist of two papers based on objective type multiple choice questions. Paper I (General Studies) and Paper II (Aptitude Test) both will have 100 questions and will be of 200 marks. The duration for Paper I and Paper II will be 2 hours each.
Negative Marking: For each question for which a wrong answer has been chosen by the candidate, one third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Syllabus for Paper-I General Studies1. History, geography, political, art & culture and socioeconomic development of Himachal Pradesh.
2. Currents events of national and international importance.
3. History of India and Indian national movement.
4. Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
5. Indian polity and governance – Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
6. Economic and social development– sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
7. General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change–that do not require subject specialization.
8. General science.
Syllabus for Paper-II Aptitude Test1. Comprehension
2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem solving
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy : numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation : charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc (Class X level)
7. English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
HPSC Main Exam SyllabusCompulsory Subjects:
(1) English and English Essay (150 marks)
(2) Hindi and Hindi Essay (150 marks)
(3) General Knowledge (150 marks)
Optional Subjects: Candidates may choose any of the following subjects (please refer official websit for more details on it):
• Indian History
• Mathematics and Stat
• Philosophy and Psychology
• Political Science
• English Literature
• Public Administration
Syllabus for HCS Compulsory Subjects:1. English and English Essay
2. Hindi and Hindi Essay
3. General Knowledge including Everyday Science:
Viva-Voce: After clearing mains exams the candidate appears in interview for final seection Durations of the Exam: All the papers are of three hours duration.
The candidate shall have the option to answer the papers of General Knowledge and three optional subjects either in English or in Hindi medium but no candidate is permitted to answer any of their papers partly in Hindi and partly in English.
Duration of the Course at NAM Institute:• Prelims only: 4 Months for students enrolled in Regular Mode (Mon-Fri) having 3 hrs classes daily while for those working professionals who can't attend classes regularly we provide weekend classes facility of 5 months having 5 hours classes on Sat & Sun.
• Written (Mains) Exams only: 4 Months for students enrolled in Regular Mode (Mon-Fri) having 3 hrs classes daily while for those working professionals who can't attend classes regularly we provide weekend classes facility of 5 months having 5 hours classes on Sat & Sun.
• Both Pre cum Mains : 8 Months for students enrolled in Regular Mode (Mon-Fri) having 3 hrs classes daily while for those working professionals who can't attend classes regularly we provide weekend classes facility of 10 months having 5 hours classes on Sat & Sun.
Note: we provide residential facilities separately for boys & girls at reasonable cost.
* New Regular Batch for Pre cum Main exams preparation is commencing from 11th & 18th January 2016 while weekend batch is starting from 9th & 16th Jan 2016.
Tutorial Fees: 60,000-65,000 (PRE + MAINS)
20,000-25,000 (Only for pre)
40,000-45,000 (Only for Mains)