IIT JEE Prelims, Main-Advanced Exam
The IIT or Indian Institutes of Technology are declared as "Institutions Of National Importance" by the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 the IIT colleges in India are the dream of every aspiring Indian engineer and scientist . The IIT's are autonomous engineering institutions that are governed by the rules and regulations put forward by the All India Council of Technical Education established in 1945.
These IIT institutes play a leading role in technical manpower developmental planning and have research programs to the best in the world. The IIT institutes in India were established with the objective of creating a talented pool of perfectly trained scientists and engineers who could contribute towards the socio-economic development of the country at large. The inductions to the UG Programs at these institutions for all students The IIT conduct a Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) every year invariably
The following IITs the IIT Mumbai, IIT Kanpur, IIT Chennai, IIT Kharakpur, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Roorkee, IT Benaras (IT-BHU) and ISM Dhanbad and other institutions select their students based on IIT JEE. Since 2008 onwards, eight new IITs have come up across the country by the Union Ministry of HRD. These new IITs are located in the states of Jodhpur, Patna, Hyderabad, Mandi, Bhubaneshwar, Indore, Gandhinagar & and Rupnagar which has increased the total number of IITs to 15.
|Existing IIT's||New IITs (Mentored by Existing IITs)|
|1||IIT Kharakpur (1950)||IIT Bhubaneshwar (2008)|
|2||IIT Mumbai (Bombay) (1958)||IIT Gandhinagar (2008)|
|3||IIT Kanpur (1959)||IIT Indore (2009)|
|4||IIT Chennai (Madras) (1961)||IIT Rajasthan (2008)|
|5||IIT Delhi (1961)||IIT Hyderabad (2008)|
|6||IIT Guwahati (1994)||IIT Ropar, Panjab (2008)|
|7||IIT Roorkee (1846-2001)||IIT Patna (2008)|
|8||IT Varanasi (IT- BHU) (1919)||IIT Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (2009)|
|9||Indian School of Mines ISM Dhanbad (1901)|
The international competitiveness of the IIT undergraduates is reflected in their performance at the Graduate Record Exams of USA, an examination nicknamed GRE for graduates from all over the world. Students coming out of the IITs are expected to have acquired professional expertise & excellence in life. Be it a matter of getting admissions for higher studies in the most prestigious Universities abroad, or getting jobs in any reputed organization in the world, They are always in top demand.
Courses offered by the IIT's in IndiaB.Tech. 4 Years
B.Pharm. 4 Years
B.Designing. 4 years
B.Architecture. 5 years
M.Tech. (Integrated ) 5 years
M.Tech. (Dual Degree) 5 Years
Course under B.Tech. 4 Years
• Aerospace Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Science & Engineering
• Agricultural & Food Engineering
• Biological Sciences and Bioengineering
• Biotechnology & Biochemical Engineering
• Ceramic Engineering
• Mining Machinery Engineering
• Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
• Ocean Engineering & Naval Architecture
• Electronics & Communication Engineering
• Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering
• Energy Engineering
• Engineering Physics
• Electrical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering (Power)
• Industrial Engineering
• Production and Industrial Engineering
• Instrumentation Engineering
• Manufacturing Science and Engineering
• Materials & Metallurgical Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
• Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science
• Metallurgical Engineering
• Mining Engineering
• Petroleum Engineering
• Pulp & Paper Engineering
• Textile Technology
Joint Entrance Examination JEEThe Joint Admission Board (JAB) of IIT released a New Exam procedure recently for IITs and NITs in the year 2013. The admission to the undergraduate programs at the IIts and ISMU, Dhanbad, NITs, IITs, DTU, CFTIs will be based on a two tier test, which consist of JEE Main (earlier known as AIEEE), JEE Advance (previously IIT-JEE)
Pattern of the IIT JEEJEE-Main Exam Pattern
JEE-Main Exam has two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2.
• Candidates may opt for either or both of them.
• Both papers contain multiple choice questions.
• Paper-1 (Physics, Chemistry & Maths ) is for entry in B.E./B.Tech (online and offline).
• Paper-2 (Mathematics, Aptitude, and Drawing ) is for admission in B.Architecture and B.Planning (offline only).
JEE-Advance Exam Pattern
• Students who qualify JEE-Mains can appear for JEE-Advanced examination.
• Approximately 160,000 students qualify to appear for JEE-Advanced examination.
• IIT JEE is a single - stage objective type exam consisting of two papers of three hours duration each to test comprehension & analytical ability of the aspirants.
• Both question papers (paper 1 and paper 2) consists of three separate segments on Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
• Both papers will have multiple choice objective type and numerical answer type questions for which the answers need to be marked on an ORS (Optical Response Sheet).
• The questions are designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of the candidates.
Eligibility criteria for the IIT JEEFor appearing in JEE (Main)
• Candidates appearing in (10+2) or equivalent qualifying examination, must secure at least 60%(55% for SC/ST and PH) marks in aggregate in their respective Board Examination.
• The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE Main is limited to three.
• Candidates who join any of the IITs, IT-BHU, and ISM, Dhanbad via JEE will not be permitted to appear for JEE in future.
Eligibility Criteria for Appearing in JEE (Advanced)
• The candidate should be among the top 1,50,000 (all categories included) in JEE (Main) 2015.
• A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years.
• The candidate should NOT have taken admission (irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR even accepted admission by paying admission fee at any of the IITs or ISM in the past; even candidates whose admission was cancelled are NOT eligible.
• The student should also be in Top 20% in his board Exam (State Board or CBSE or ISCE) in applicable categories.
NAM INSTITUTE located in The educational hub of South Extension-1,New Delhi , Sec-14,Gurgaon & Sec-15 NOIDA provides to the students the best trainers having long drawn experience in the teaching subjects of Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry due to which the students are doing well in the examinations & able to crack.
Coaching Duration: 1 Year (for those who are either in Class XII or have passed out Class XII Board Exams) & 2 years for those who are in Class XI .
Tutorial Fees: 95,000-1,10,000 (1 year)
1,65,000-1,72,000 (2 years)