Uttar Pradesh Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Examination, popularly known as UPPCS 2015 Exam is conducted by Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. The UPPCS Prelims Exam consist of two compulsory papers- General Studies Paper I and General Studies paper II (Aptitude Paper). The papers shall be 200 marks each and of two hours durations. Both the papers shall be of objective type and multiple choice in which there shall be 150 and 100 questions respectively.
Educational Qualifications:1. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: the candidate must possess a degree of a recognized university equivalent to the degree of Science, Arts and Commerce.
2. AGE: the candidate should not be less than 21 years and not more than 40 years.
The imperatives sought by all examination includes great sitting power, focused aim, inculcation on goal as civil services coupled with an expedient intellect to cover the major sections of the syllabus. Reading good text books, Magazines and Journals bring marvels to take upward swing in his mission.
Syllabus for the UPPCS Prelims Exam:
PAPER I: General Studies-I (200 marks, Duration: Two hours)1. Current events of national and international importance.
a) History of India and Indian National Movement
b) Indian and World geography
c) Indian Polity and governance
d) Economic and Social Development
e) General Science
PAPER II: General Studies-II (200 marks, Duration: Two hours)1. Comprehension
2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem solving 5. General mental ability 6. Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics 7. General English up to Class X level 8. General Hindi up to Class X level
UPSC PCS mains Exam Pattern:• The mains examination contains Compulsory papers and Optional subjects papers.
• The examination is Objective and descriptive type.
• The examination is Four Compulsory papers and two optional subjects.
• General Studies papers are objective type papers.
• Remaining papers and optional papers are descriptive type